We have just received the following from Histon & Impington Community (HICOM):
This part time role first established in 2011 is to continue the work of the development of services, support and activities for older people in Histon and Impington and to improve the quality of their lives.
The present person role holder, Jean Newman is retiring in late Autumn and has been in post for seven years serving the community wonderfully well.
Over the recent years there has been:
- an increasing prevalence of those living with dementia
- a reduction in local government funding
- an increasing awareness of social isolation and mental health issues
- an increasing change in the take-up of technology within the older generation
Histon & Impington Community aka HICOM has reviewed the current coordinator role in the light of changing circumstances and the need for additional support so the concept of a HICOM Older Peoples Team has been established. This will consist of:
- Village Older Peoples Services Coordinator
- Transport Coordinator
- Village Mental Wellbeing worker (a HICOM role covering all ages)
- Village Dementia Support worker (a new HICOM role)
The Coordinator will work closely with existing service providers in the community.
The specific objectives of the Village Older Peoples Services Coordinator role are to:
- Support older people and carers with advice & information
- Reduce loneliness & isolation
- Improve take up of existing activities
- Support existing & encourage new initiatives
- Help older people to live as long as possible in their own home
- Increase volunteer base within community
Full information about the role plus job application form is available at www.hicom.org.uk. Closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 24th September.