Every year the Parish Council Highways Committee submits an application to Cambridgeshire County Council for a Local Highways Initiative scheme. These schemes are jointly funded by the applicant (The Parish Council) and County Council.
The work completed recently on key footpaths was delivered under this scheme.
This Year’s Submission:
The Highways Committee will shortly be submitting an application to continue the works to improve the village footpath network.
The paths shortlisted for phase 2 include:
- Greenleas to Clay Street (continuation from phase 1)
- Narrow Close to Parlour Close
- Doctors Close to Woodcock Close
- School Lane leading to New Road
- New School Road leading to Somerset Road
- The Dole leading to New Road
A key element to the application is evidence supporting the need to re-surface the paths. If you have any comments or suggestions for these or any other footpaths, please email them to email@example.com before the 29th July.