HI Covid-19 Response is running a survey to help it to understand how people in the community have been hit by the lock-down. If you haven’t participated please do so at https://bit.ly/3dr0ee3. And please refer it to your friends and family because the more input we get the more representative it will be. There will be follow up surveys so that we can track what’s going on.
We’ve been blessed with good weather but then just as the guidelines have been relaxed to allow more, albeit socially distanced contact, it’s become colder again. But that doesn’t mean that we can’t enjoy the open spaces of the Green, Homefield Park and the Rec. Sadly though the children’s playgrounds remain closed.
- The Red Lion opened for take away Pizza and beer last weekend: Fri-Sun 1700-2030 (check Facebook for more information)
- In response to the increased opportunities offered by the new guidelines HI Friends is making the minibus available to transport residents, individually, to visit friends and relatives within a 15-mile distance.
- The Cambridge Building Society has bowed to local pressure and reverted to more like its normal opening times: 0900-1400 Mon-Fri excl Wed, 0900-1200 Sat.
- The car park, gardens and toilets at Anglesey Abbey re-opened on 3 Jun. You’ll need to book your tickets by 3pm the day before your visit. National Trust members can book for free, while non-members will need to pay when booking.
- The Junior School and Infants’ School will be reopening next week. If you’re going to be driving down Station Road at school run time please recognise that pedestrians will need more space for social distancing so be patient.
- Our local dentists will reopen next Monday but the priority will be for patients needing attention for painful conditions.
Finally a couple of key messages to keep in mind
Stay alert and look out for people who may find it difficult during these times. People do get depressed and worse and often don’t ask for help. Show a helping hand and be kind. If appropriate contact the HI Friends mental health hotline on 01223 320420.
We are very fortunate in Histon & Impington in having a very low level of infection and being so well-served by our shops and services. The lockdown has eased but it’s not over so please continue to follow the rules. Social distancing is still vitally important.
Click here to download a pdf of this digest.