The sad news that Daisy Chain will not reopen is a reminder of how important it is to support our local shops and tradespeople. It’s important that we give them the support which they need and that means spend more locally.
WARNING: it may seem strange to issue a warning when our community is showing such resilience in reopening following the worst of the lock down but there seems to be a head of steam building up for most other businesses, from pubs to hairdressers, to reopen 4 Jul 20. It’s difficult to imagine the Government not allowing this to happen so although it’s good news on the one hand let’s all, businesses and customers, be cautious. We have been a low infection community, let’s keep it that way.
- Rutland Cycling say that it will be reopening 30 Jun 20. After a period of deafening silence they opened up and explained why they’ve remained shut
- The micro library in the old phone box on Station Road has had a deep clean and is open for business again
- And for those who like a flutter the Coral betting shop has been open since the start of this week, normal hours.
- Histon Opticians will reopen this week, Friday 19 Jun
- The Histon Country Market is reopening this week, Friday 19 Jun. a click and collect service is being offered. Check Facebook for more information
- There’s a new takeaway business, No 35, operating from the Rose & Crown car park ‘until the pub reopens 4 Jul 20’
- And another of our excellent coffee shops, D:licious at Vision Park is planning to re-open 6 Jul.
Finally a couple of key messages to keep in mind.
Stay alert and look out for people who may find it difficult during these times. People do get depressed and worse and often don’t ask for help. Show a helping hand and be kind. If appropriate contact the HI Friends mental health hotline on 01223 320420; and
We are very fortunate in Histon & Impington in having a very low level of infection and being so well-served by our shops and services. The lockdown has eased but it’s not over so please continue to follow the rules. Social distancing is still vitally important. It might also be useful to use a face covering if you’re inside our shops.
Click here to download a pdf of this digest.