Thanks again to everyone who attended the meeting last night before the Parish Council meeting and to those who stayed on for the meeting itself.
I promised a post to which you can add comments. This is that post.
I also promised to set up another, longer, meeting with the Highways England and A14 people. I have asked them to propose suitable times and hope that we can set something up soon for an event within the next couple of weeks.
The key issues coming out of the meeting include:
- noise barriers
- by Lone Tree Avenue/bottom end of Cambridge Road. It will be 4m high and 100m longer than at present. Is this sufficient?
- in the north east quadrant to ‘replace’ the lost trees. Holiday Inn and Coppice residents are already noticing a difference.
- the reflective barrier along the front of Orchard Park. This needs to be replaced.
- do trees really function as noise barriers?
- the balancing pond at the back of Lone Tree Avenue
- wildlife relocation from the north east quadrant;
- tree planting scheme
- slip roads
- how many slip roads up from the A14?
- how many slip roads down to the A14
- how much extra land is being taken between the A14 and the lake to accommodate the extra lanes?
- mitigation during construction
- how long will it take? how many nights? when?
- what can be done to mitigate the noise at houses affected
- cycling: will all current cycle routes be maintained/improved?
- rat running: how can/will it be minimised?
- air quality: what are the predictions of future air quality? how does it compare with present day levels
That’s a quick summary and I may have missed some out. Please let me know.
Please add your comments/questions below. Please preface them with ‘noise barriers’, ‘slip roads’, ‘construction noise’, ‘trees’, ‘air quality’ or some other subject heading to aid sorting in future.
If you want more info click here for government web-site for the total scheme. The key drawing is number 23.